FAIRFIELD, Conn. - John J. Etrio of Fairfield died Monday, July 14. He was 89.
Etrio was born March 28, 1925, the son of Dominic and Carmela Rotondo Etrio. He retired from the State of Connecticut after working as a toll collector and had also worked at Remington Arms and Practical Automation.
Etrio is survived by his wife, Josephine; son, Jon Etrio (Carol) of Valencia, Calif.; daughter, Teresa Garnett of Naugatuck; five grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother, Anthony Etrio Sr., of Bridgeport; brother-in-law, Gary Rudis of Fairfield; a niece; and a great-nephew. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Rosemary A. Rudis; son-in-law, Michael Garnett; sister-in-law, Patricia Etrio; and nephew, Anthony Etrio Jr.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 17, from 4 to 8 p.m. Services will take place Friday, July 18. at 8:30 a.m. in the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial. at 9:30 a.m. in Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Fairfield. Interment will follow in the St. Michael Cemetery, Stratford.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield