FAIRFIELD, Conn. - John J. Etrio of Fairfield died Monday, July 14. He was 89.
Etrio was born March 28, 1925, the son of Dominic and Carmela Rotondo Etrio. He retired from the State of Connecticut after working as a toll collector and had also worked at Remington Arms and Practical Automation.
Etrio is survived by his wife, Josephine; son, Jon Etrio (Carol) of Valencia, Calif.; daughter, Teresa Garnett of Naugatuck; five grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother, Anthony Etrio Sr., of Bridgeport; brother-in-law, Gary Rudis of Fairfield; a niece; and a great-nephew. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Rosemary A. Rudis; son-in-law, Michael Garnett; sister-in-law, Patricia Etrio; and nephew, Anthony Etrio Jr.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 17, from 4 to 8 p.m. Services will take place Friday, July 18. at 8:30 a.m. in the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial. at 9:30 a.m. in Our Lady of the Assumption Church, Fairfield. Interment will follow in the St. Michael Cemetery, Stratford.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney