FAIRFIELD, Conn. - John P. O'Leary of Fairfield died Saturday, June 21. He was 85.
O’Leary was born Dec. 5, 1928, in Bridgeport, a son of Patrick and Catherine Murphy O'Leary. A U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War, he received his undergraduate degree from Niagara University in 1952 before attending the Georgetown School of Foreign Service in Washington, D.C. He then attended St. John's Law School for a time before obtaining his master's degree from the University of Bridgeport.
He began his career as a history teacher at Central High School in Bridgeport. He retired after many years of dedicated service.
O’Leary is survived by his brother, Monsignor Cornelius O'Leary of California; and nieces, Sheila Heineken (Dr. Christian Heineken) and Patricia O'Leary Maguire (Thomas). He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Charles O'Leary; and companion, Kay Tagliafero.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 25, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, in St. Augustine Cathedral, Bridgeport. Entombment will follow in the Chapel Mausoleum of St. Michael Cemetery, Stratford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Cathedral Parish, 399 Washington Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06604.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield