FAIRFIELD, Conn. - John P. O'Leary of Fairfield died Saturday, June 21. He was 85.
O’Leary was born Dec. 5, 1928, in Bridgeport, a son of Patrick and Catherine Murphy O'Leary. A U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War, he received his undergraduate degree from Niagara University in 1952 before attending the Georgetown School of Foreign Service in Washington, D.C. He then attended St. John's Law School for a time before obtaining his master's degree from the University of Bridgeport.
He began his career as a history teacher at Central High School in Bridgeport. He retired after many years of dedicated service.
O’Leary is survived by his brother, Monsignor Cornelius O'Leary of California; and nieces, Sheila Heineken (Dr. Christian Heineken) and Patricia O'Leary Maguire (Thomas). He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Charles O'Leary; and companion, Kay Tagliafero.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 25, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, in St. Augustine Cathedral, Bridgeport. Entombment will follow in the Chapel Mausoleum of St. Michael Cemetery, Stratford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Cathedral Parish, 399 Washington Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06604.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013