SOUTHBURY, Conn. - John R. Hansen of Southbury died Friday, Aug. 16. He was 82.
Hansen was born Oct. 3, 1930, in Bridgeport, son of John W. Hansen and Irene Donnelly Hansen, and he lived in Southbury for 13 years, and previously lived for over 30 years in Huntington. He served with the U.S. Army during the Korean War, and was a member of Post #145 V.F.W. in Bridgeport for over 50 years. He was a letter carrier for the Fairfield Post Office, where he worked for over 30 years until his retirement in 1990.
Hansen is survived by his wife, Phyllis M. Margerison Hansen; brother, R.C. Hansen of Trumbull; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, W.F. Hansen; and sister, Jane Hansen Rose.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20 at St. Lawrence Church, 505 Shelton Ave., Shelton. Burial will follow in Lawn Cemetery in Shelton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to St. Lawrence School, 505 Shelton Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 or to Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Rd, Danbury, CT 06810.
The Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road, Shelton, has been entrusted with the arrangements.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director