SOUTHBURY, Conn. - John R. Hansen of Southbury died Friday, Aug. 16. He was 82.
Hansen was born Oct. 3, 1930, in Bridgeport, son of John W. Hansen and Irene Donnelly Hansen, and he lived in Southbury for 13 years, and previously lived for over 30 years in Huntington. He served with the U.S. Army during the Korean War, and was a member of Post #145 V.F.W. in Bridgeport for over 50 years. He was a letter carrier for the Fairfield Post Office, where he worked for over 30 years until his retirement in 1990.
Hansen is survived by his wife, Phyllis M. Margerison Hansen; brother, R.C. Hansen of Trumbull; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, W.F. Hansen; and sister, Jane Hansen Rose.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20 at St. Lawrence Church, 505 Shelton Ave., Shelton. Burial will follow in Lawn Cemetery in Shelton.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to St. Lawrence School, 505 Shelton Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 or to Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Rd, Danbury, CT 06810.
The Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road, Shelton, has been entrusted with the arrangements.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield