FAIRFIELD, Conn. - John Rigea of Fairfield died Sunday, June 30. He was 77.
Rigea was born and raised in Bridgeport, the son of Dimitrie and Athena Adam Rigea. He had been a Fairfield town resident for over 30 years. He was a U.S. Army veteran.
He had worked for Sikorsky Aircraft for 45 years until his retirement. He was a longtime member of St. Dimitrie Romanian Orthodox Church.
Rgiea is survived by his sisters, Mary Rigea of Fairfield and Elizabeth Metsos of Westport. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center, with the Trisagion Service at 6 p.m. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3, at St. Dimitrie Romanian Orthodox Church, 504 Sport Hill Road, Easton, with burial to follow in Lakeview Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dimitrie Church.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light