FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Joseph Gall, Jr. of Fairfield died Monday, Jan. 6. He was 91.
Gall was born Oct. 27, 1922, in Fairfield; son of Joseph and Bertha Gall. He served in the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II. He was a lifelong resident of Fairfield. He served on the RTM, retired as a captain for the Fairfield Special Police, was a Justice of the Peace, and also served as a marshall for the State of Connecticut. He was a member of the V.F.W. Post 9427 and the American Legion Post 74.
Gall is survived by his wife, Reta; son, Joseph Gall, III of Shelton; daughter, Deborah Bennet of Fairfield; step-daughter, Laura Szerszen of Fairfield; stepson, Anthony Luther of Shelton; several grandchildren; and great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and sisters, Bertha Bok of Fairfield and Jenny D'Maria of Easton.
There will be no calling hours. A graveside service with military honors will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at Lawncroft Cemetery, 1740 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society, 38 Richards Ave., Norwalk, CT 06854.
For more information, please visit: www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield