LITTLETON, Colo. - Josephine B. Young of Littleton, former longtime resident of Fairfield, died Jan. 5. She was 90.
Young was born in Plains, Pa.; daughter of Enrico and Filomena Balestrini, but spent most of her adult life in Fairfield where she was a member of the First Church Congregational. She had recently moved to Colorado to be closer to her son and grandchildren. She worked in banking for many years and was vice president of Home Savings and Loan in Bridgeport when she retired.
Young is survived by her son, Thomas (Gail) Young of Conifer; and three grandchildren; and siblings, Mary Schembari of Milford, Conn., Ida Fiaschetti of Bedford, Va., Peter Castellani of Norwalk, Conn., and Lucy Tindall of Jacksonville, Fla. She was predeceased by her husband, Harry F. Young.
Interment will be at the State Veterans' Cemetery in Middletown, Conn., where her remains will be placed with her husband, Harry F. Young, U.S. Marine Corps.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care