FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Karl Gerhard Paetzold of Fairfield died Sunday, Aug. 24. He was 89.
Paetzold was born in Hohenhausen, East Prussia, in 1925, to Hulda (Rieger) Paetzold and Wilhelm Paetzold. He came to the United States with his wife Helma (Tischler) Paetzold in 1954 and settled in Whitestone, Queens, New York. He later moved to Fairfield in 1967 after accepting the position of foreman for the fleet of trucks for Thomas English Muffins on Ardmore Street in Fairfield. He was an employee of King Industries in Norwalk. He was a parishioner and an usher for St. Thomas Aquinas church in Fairfield.
Paetzold is survived by his wife, Helma; children, Carol Kochefko (Ronald) of Trumbull and William Paetzold (Laurie) of Glastonbury; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his brother, Herman Paetzold of Port St. Lucie Fla.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Aug. 30 at 10 a.m. meeting directly at St. Thomas Aquinas Church, 1719 Post Road, Fairfield. Interment will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving