FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Kathleen E. Pechkis of Fairfield died Thursday, Jan. 30. She was 70.
Pechkis was born in York, Pa., to Paul and Sally McElroy. She had been a Fairfield resident for 42 years.
She was a registered nurse and was employed as head nurse for the Short Stay Department at St. Vincent's Medical Center before working for the private office of Drs. Molloy, Dafcik and Kulakov in Fairfield.
She was a member of the Gaelic American Club of Fairfield and the Ukrainian American Club of Southport.
Pechkis is survived by her husband, Tom; son, Scott of Fairfield; sisters, Maureen McElroy of Bethlehem and Margaret Doyle of Stratford; a grandson; brother-in-law, Charles (Ellen) Pechkis of Fairfield; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brothers, Paul and John McElroy; and sister, Patricia Rainville.
Funeral services will be held at 10:15 a.m. Monday, Feb. 3, at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 S. Pine Creek Road and at 11 a.m. in St. Anthony of Padua Church in Fairfield with a Mass of Christian burial. Committal services will be private.
Contributions may be made in to St. Anthony Church, 149 S. Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT 06824.
- 1 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 2 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Fairfield; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Fairfield's High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best