NEWTOWN, Conn. - Kathryn J. Feher of Newtown, formerly of Fairfield, died Sunday, Jan. 5. She was 83.
Feher was born Sept. 24, 1930, and raised in Fairfield. She had been a Fairfield town resident for many years before moving to Newtown more than 45 years ago.
She worked as a secretary for the Fairfield School system and later for the University of Bridgeport until her retirement. She was a charter member and first secretary of the Nutmeg Depression Glass Club and a member of the Heisey Club of Western Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Feher is survived by her husband, Joseph Feher; sons, Kenneth Feher and Robert Feher, both of Newtown; daughters, Diane Ahearn (James) of East Hampton, Elaine Drake (Paul) of Harrisburg, N.C., and Vicki Balogh (Lloyd) of Newtown; nine grandchildren; sisters, Helen Zampiello (Richard) of Washington and Mary Hawley (Gordon) of Florida; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her sisters, Anne Lewandowski and Dorothy Palsa.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 9, from 3 to 7 p.m. Funeral services will be held Friday, Jan. 10, at 11 a.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center, with burial to follow in Lawncroft Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash