MILFORD, Conn. - Kevin Barry Clarke of Milford, formerly of Fairfield, died on Monday, May 26. He was 80.
Clarke was born Oct. 14, 1933, in New York City, to Thomas and Hannah Clarke. He graduated from St. Luke's High School in New Jersey and shortly after graduation joined the Army to serve in the Army Corp of Engineers in Newfoundland. Following the Army, he went on to obtain a B.S. in Chemistry from Fairleigh Dickinson University. After graduation he worked for the U.S. Postal Service and the U.S. Patent Office while putting himself through Law School at American University. He worked for over 30 years for Carter-Wallace, Inc. as their chief patent counsel.
He was a member of The Hunt Club, Brooklawn CC and The Milford Yacht Club.
Clarke is survived by his sons, Sean (Megan) of Stratford and Mark (Karen) of Fairfield ; daughters, Suzannah Nutbrown (Bruce) of Stratham, N.H., and Sarah Sawitsky (Jonathan) of Milford; 10 grandchildren; brother, Tom Clarke; and sisters, Elaine McHale, Nora Clarke, Christine Mulhall and Eileen Falco. He was predeceased by his wife, Donna Byrolly.
A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, May 30 at St. Agnes Church in Milford.
In lieu of flowers, a donation may be made to The American Heart Association.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade