FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Lee Andrews, Jr., a long time Fairfield resident, died Sunday, April 27. He was 87.
Andrews was born March 10, 1927, in Greenwich, to Lee Andrews and Iris (Clifford) Andrews. Upon graduation from Greenwich High School in 1945, he joined the Army Air Corps and served through 1946. Returning from service, he opened an insurance business in Greenwich which he ran until he was called to duty again in 1950. He served in the Air Force through 1951.
He was a member of the Old Greenwich Volunteer Fire Department. Settling in Fairfield, he spent more than three decades as an automobile salesman working in New York and Connecticut, before retiring in 1987. He and his wife owned an Antique store in Cannondale until 1992. He was a member of the Fairfield Public Library.
Andrews is survived by his brother, Fredrick of Hartford; children, Amy Andrews Blumenthal (Tom) of Riverside, Claudia Vonderheyde of Milford, Eric Andrews (Anne) of San Jose, Calif., and Emily Cotrona (Joe) of Stamford; and seven grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Carol.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 3 from 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road, in Fairfield Center.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Fairfield Public Library, 1080 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT 06824.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving
- 5 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard