FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Lillian Kanner of Fairfield died Wednesday, April 16. She was 86.
Kanner was born in Chattanooga, Tenn., the daughter of Harry and Bessie Cloogman. She moved to Connecticut, where she attended Bassick High School in Bridgeport, graduated from The Butler Business School Secretarial Program, and later worked with her husband at Gene's Boot Shop of Fairfield.
Kanner is survived by her husband, Eugene Kanner; children, Hal Kanner (Barbara) Kanner, Sheri Knox (A.E.H. Knox); and four grandchildren, Austin Kanner, Graydon Knox, Caroline Knox, and McCullan Knox. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Daniel Cloogman.
Services will take place Friday, April 18, at 11:30 a.m. directly at Ahavath Achim Cemetery on Reid Street in Fairfield.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light