FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Lillian Kanner of Fairfield died Wednesday, April 16. She was 86.
Kanner was born in Chattanooga, Tenn., the daughter of Harry and Bessie Cloogman. She moved to Connecticut, where she attended Bassick High School in Bridgeport, graduated from The Butler Business School Secretarial Program, and later worked with her husband at Gene's Boot Shop of Fairfield.
Kanner is survived by her husband, Eugene Kanner; children, Hal Kanner (Barbara) Kanner, Sheri Knox (A.E.H. Knox); and four grandchildren, Austin Kanner, Graydon Knox, Caroline Knox, and McCullan Knox. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Daniel Cloogman.
Services will take place Friday, April 18, at 11:30 a.m. directly at Ahavath Achim Cemetery on Reid Street in Fairfield.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade