STRATFORD, Conn. - Loretta Duffy of Stratford and formerly of Fairfield died Wednesday, May 7. She was 96.
Duffy was born in Bridgeport, to James and Mary (Camlet) Jones. She graduated from Central High School in 1935. She was active at St. Thomas Aquinas Church. She was the president of the Ladies' Guild in 1957 and founded the St. Thomas Altar Society and was an instrumental part of the Building Fund Committee. She was also the first president of the Notre Dame High School Parent's Club and was a religious instructor, teaching C.C.D.
Duffy is survived by her daughters, Anna Marie (Anne) Giroux (Albert "Frenchy") of Stratford, Mary Ellen Cappozziello (Charles) of Florida and Loretta Kolvig (Richard) of Stratford; nine grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Duffy; and siblings, Mildred Mottram, James Jones, Burton Jones, Estelle Perry and twins, Robert and Roland Jones.
Calling hours are Monday, May 12 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 13 at St. Thomas Aquinas Church with a Mass of Christian Burial. Interment will follow in St. Thomas Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Bridgeport Man With Stealing From Grandparents