FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Louis Takacs of Fairfield died Monday, June 17. He was 82.
Takacs was born July 23, 1930, in Szombathely, Hungary; son of Zsigmond Takacs and Margit Kovacs. He moved to the United States in 1957 and was a longtime resident of Fairfield. He worked for the Handy and Harman Co. for 35 years until his retirement.
Takacs is survived by his wife, Maria Takacs; son, Leslie Takacs (Christine) of Plainville; daughter, Magdeline Szlama (Charles) of Trumbull; step-daughter, Maria Lorenz (Imre); brother, Zsigmond Takacs, and his family, of Hungary; three grandchildren; two great grandchildren; many nieces and nephews in Hungary; and many friends and relatives. He was predeceased by his parents; his first wife, Anna Takacs; four sisters; and a brother.
For his wish, Takacs was cremated and private services will be in Hungary.
The family requests that no flowers be sent.
Local arrangements have been entrusted to the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center.
For more information, please visit www.LeskoPolkeFuneralHome.com
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash