FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Madeline M. Sulkazi of Fairfield died Friday, June 20. She was 92.
Sulkazi was born in Boswell, Pa., the daughter of Joseph and Catherine DeLaurentis. She had been a Fairfield resident for over 70 years. She worked in the snack shop at DM Reads and later at Macy's until her retirement.
She was a member of the Rosary Guild at Holy Family Church and the Knights of Columbus, Columbiettes and and was PTA president at McKinley School.
Sulkazi is survived by her son, Louis J. Sulkazi of Fairfield; sister, Sarah Parrello of Fairfield; sister-in-law, Nancy DeLaurentis of Fairfield; other in-laws; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Louis; brothers, Anthony and William DeLaurentis; and brother-in-law, Arnold Parrello.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 24, from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, June 25, at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Family Church, 700 Old Stratfield Road, Fairfield. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rock Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Fairfield Tree Calls It Quits, Damages House And Car
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7