FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Madeline M. Sulkazi of Fairfield died Friday, June 20. She was 92.
Sulkazi was born in Boswell, Pa., the daughter of Joseph and Catherine DeLaurentis. She had been a Fairfield resident for over 70 years. She worked in the snack shop at DM Reads and later at Macy's until her retirement.
She was a member of the Rosary Guild at Holy Family Church and the Knights of Columbus, Columbiettes and and was PTA president at McKinley School.
Sulkazi is survived by her son, Louis J. Sulkazi of Fairfield; sister, Sarah Parrello of Fairfield; sister-in-law, Nancy DeLaurentis of Fairfield; other in-laws; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Louis; brothers, Anthony and William DeLaurentis; and brother-in-law, Arnold Parrello.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 24, from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, June 25, at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Family Church, 700 Old Stratfield Road, Fairfield. Interment will follow in Lawncroft Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rock Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Open Houses In Fairfield This Weekend
- 5 Southport Students Win National Awards At History Day Contest