SOUTHPORT, Conn. - Margaret (Krout) Taylor of Southport died Thursday, April 17. She was 89.
Taylor was born Sept. 12, 1924, in Paterson, N.J., to Ray and Dorothy (McKee) Krout. She attended the Kimberley School, Montclair, N.J., followed by nursing school at Roosevelt Hospital in NYC. She was a resident of Fairfield and Southport since 1949 except for 10 years in Wichita and Tucson. She served as president of the Fairfield Women's Exchange and Fairfield Garden Club, was a member of the Women's Staff for the Children's Ward at Bridgeport Hospital, the Fairfield County Hunt Club and the Country Club of Fairfield.
Taylor is survived by her children, James B. Taylor IV (Debra Gilbert) Taylor of Stratford, Ray K. Taylor of Danbury, Jane A. Taylor of Steamboat Springs, Colo., and W. Thorne Taylor of West Haven; four grandchildren; sister, Rae Muller (Robert) Muller; many nieces and nephews; and caregiver, Marcia Williams. She was predeceased by her husband, James B. Taylor III.
A service in celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 26 at the Southport Congregational Church, 524 Pequot Ave., Southport. A reception immediately follows at the church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Taylor’s memory may be made to the Fairfield Women's Exchange, 332 Pequot Avenue, Southport, CT 06890.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 3 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House