FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Marian Del Buono Verrilli of Fairfield died Wednesday, July 30. She was 90.
Verrilli was born Oct. 10, 1923, to Joseph and Josephine (DiGirolomo) Del Buono. She was a lifelong resident of Fairfield. She served during World War II after enlisting in the Navy Nurses Corps. After retiring from teaching, she returned to college and became a registered nurse.
Verrilli is survived by her husband, Anthony; children, Linda Rainieri (Richard) of Shelton, Donna Piccolo (Anthony) of Trumbull, and Anthony J. Verrilli of Hudson, N.H.; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; sister, Nora Vayser of Fairfield; brother, Joseph Del Buono Jr. (Kathleen) of Fairfield and Miami; and sister-in-law, Irene Del Buono of Southport. She was predeceased by her son, Michael Verrilli; and brother, Robert Del Buono.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 4, from 4 to 7 p.m. at The Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 5, in St. Pius X Church, 834 Brookside Drive, Fairfield. Interment with military honors will follow.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare