BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Marie V. "Miller" Ditore of Bridgeport died Monday, Feb. 17. She was 86.
Ditore was born to Joseph and Veronica Kish. She was a graduate of Bassick High School. She worked at Fairfield University in the registrar's office. She was the owner of French's Cleaners on Main St. in Bridgeport with her husband John and then later worked as a librarian in the Bridgeport Public Library System.
Ditore is survived by her son, William Miller (Debbi) of Fairfield; daughter, Wendy Gagnon (Mark) of Oxford; seven grandchildren; and three great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husbands, William Miller and John Ditore; son, Jeffrey; and sisters, Irene Hogan and Helen Levesque.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21 from 10 a.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S Benson Rd., Fairfield, until the time of the service. A funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. in the funeral home. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Ditore's memory to the Bridgeport Public Library, Black Rock Branch, 2705 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06605, (203) 576-7025.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield