FRONT ROYAL, Va. - Marie A. Wach of Front Royal, formerly of Fairfield and Vermont, died Sunday, July 6. She was 81.
Wach was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she lived in Fairfield for over 40 years, spent 16 years in Vermont and finally settled in Virginia 14 years ago. She graduated from Roger Ludlowe HS in 1950 and was a past officer of the St. Anthony's Women's Guild.
Wach is survived by her children, Eileen Roos (Perry) of Milford, John P. Wach (Carolyn) of Torrington and Kathleen Swoszowski (Daniel) of Shelton; three grandchildren; and a great grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward J. Wach.
Calling hours are Friday, July 11 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, July 11 at 10:30 a.m. in St. Anthony of Padua Church in Fairfield, followed by interment in Oak Lawn Cemetery in Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Wach's memory to Project Linus at projectlinus.org/donations
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director