FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Marion Winter, a lifelong Fairfield resident, died Feb. 2. She was 86.
Winter was born March 29, 1927, to William Stuart and Julia (Wheeler) Rodie. She graduated from Garrison Forest School in 1945 and attended Smith College. She volunteered for the American Ballet Theater.
Winter is survived by her daughter, Elizabeth Winter, of Taos, N.M., and Nashville, Tenn.; son, Alpheus Winter (Joan); two granddaughters; brother, Bill Rodie (Sandy), of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and three nephews, a niece and many great-nephews and great-nieces. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Alpheus
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at the First Church Congregational, Fairfield. A private burial will be held in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Planned Parenthood.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy