FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Marion T. Nemetz of Fairfield died July 25. She was 93.
Nemetz was born in Bridgeport, she graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School in 1938, and spent most of her life as a resident of Fairfield. A retired office clerk for the University of Bridgeport, she was previously employed at Howland's Department Store. She was an auxiliary member of both the Veterans of Foreign War and American Legion in Fairfield and attended Holy Cross Church. She was married to Anthony F. Nemetz.
Nemetz is survived by her sons, Martin Nemetz (Janet) of Shelton, Anthony J. Nemetz, of the Black Rock section of Bridgeport; four grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Monday, July 28 from 9 to 10:15 a.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. in Holy Cross Church, with Father Michael Dogali officiating with an interment in Lawncroft Cemetery.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth