FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Marion A. Tomlinson of Fairfield died Thursday, Jan. 23. She was 90.
Tomlinson was born in Bridgeport, daughter of James and Marion Farmer. She had been a Fairfield resident for more than 60 years. She served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. After the war, she worked for many years for her father's business, The Farmer Door Co. She later worked as the registrar for the University of Bridgeport, retiring in 1989. She was a 50-year member of the Order of the Eastern Star and a member of American Legion Post 143.
Tomlinson is survived by her daughters, Judith Kelly (Patrick) of Shelton, Patricia Newman of Abbeville, Ga., and Kim Luckner (David) of Fairfield; sister, Barbara Griffin of Bridgeport; five grandchildren; two great-grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Thomas Tomlinson; sister, Joyce Farmer; and brothers, Robert and James Farmer.
Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
For more information, please visit: www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 5 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State