FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Marion A. Tomlinson of Fairfield died Thursday, Jan. 23. She was 90.
Tomlinson was born in Bridgeport, daughter of James and Marion Farmer. She had been a Fairfield resident for more than 60 years. She served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. After the war, she worked for many years for her father's business, The Farmer Door Co. She later worked as the registrar for the University of Bridgeport, retiring in 1989. She was a 50-year member of the Order of the Eastern Star and a member of American Legion Post 143.
Tomlinson is survived by her daughters, Judith Kelly (Patrick) of Shelton, Patricia Newman of Abbeville, Ga., and Kim Luckner (David) of Fairfield; sister, Barbara Griffin of Bridgeport; five grandchildren; two great-grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Thomas Tomlinson; sister, Joyce Farmer; and brothers, Robert and James Farmer.
Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
For more information, please visit: www.spearfuneralhome.com/
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract