MONROE, Conn. - Marjorie Claire Bowden Bloom of Monroe died July 15. She was 79.
Bloom was born Sept. 12, 1934, in East Haven and was the daughter of Robert Charles and Lillian Patterson Bowden. She graduated from East Haven High School and Southern Connecticut State University. She taught in the East Haven, Norwalk, Fairfield and Monroe School Systems.
Bloom is survived by her children, Roberta Bloom (John) Boath of Shelton, Patricia Pelletier of Wallingford, Kristen Bloom of Monroe and Eric Bloom both of Monroe; five grandchildren; sisters, Bettye Cote of Branford and Roberta Cordner of Northford; brother, Robert Bowden of East Haven; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Eric Bloom; sisters, Kathleen Salminen and Lillian Masotta.
Calling hours are Friday, July 18 from 5 to 8 p.m. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 19 at the Cyril F. Mullins Funeral Home, 399 White Plains Road, Trumbull. Interment in Cutlers Farm Cemetery, Monroe.
Memorial contributions may be made to Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation 383 Main Ave. 5th FL Norwalk, CT 06851.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mullinsfh.com
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield