SHELTON, Conn. - Mary-Wythe Parsons of Shelton, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, July 4. She was 82.
Parsons was born July 24, 1931, in Blacksburg, Va., the daughter of John Gleaves Porter Sr. and Ruth Elizabeth (Grubb) Porter. She lived in Fairfield for over 30 years before moving to Woodstock, Vt., where she lived for over 15 years before settling in Shelton in 2011. She was the past president of the Fairfield Women's Club. In Vermont, she was a volunteer at the Thompson Senior Center, Glad Rags, and the Billings Farm and Museum.
Parsons is survived by her children, Kathlene Elizabeth Stabile (John Stabile Sr.) and William MacDonald Parsons (Nora); brother, John Gleaves Porter Jr. (Betty); and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, William Chamberlain Parsons Jr.
Calling hours are Monday, July 7, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Riverview Funeral Home, 390 River Road, Shelton. A procession will leave the funeral home Tuesday, July 8, at 11 a.m. for a service at 11:30 a.m. at the Huntington Congregational Church, 19 Church St., Shelton. Burial will follow at Oak Lawn Cemetery in Fairfield.
For more information, visit www.riverviewfh.com
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light