FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Matthew Bochniak of Fairfield died Jan. 24. He was 80.
Bochniak was born in Fairfield, to Karol and Anna Sarna Bochniak, He worked as a foreman at Exide Battery for more than 30 years and later retired from Sikorsky Aircraft. He was a U.S. Army veteran. He was a Southport volunteer Firefighter for more than 60 years and was elected to the Board of Directors in 2007.
Bochniak is survived by his wife, Dorothy; daughters, Debi Bochniak and her companion Richard Havanec of Fairfield and Darice Bochniak (Robert) Appleby of Fairfield; a granddaughter; brother, Joseph Bochniak (Marian) of Norwalk; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Mary Lou (John) Pace.
Calling hours are Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center. Funeral services will be held at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at St. Anthony of Padua Church, Fairfield.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Flags To Fly At Half-Staff In Fairfield Until Noon On Memorial Day