FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Matthew Bochniak of Fairfield died Jan. 24. He was 80.
Bochniak was born in Fairfield, to Karol and Anna Sarna Bochniak, He worked as a foreman at Exide Battery for more than 30 years and later retired from Sikorsky Aircraft. He was a U.S. Army veteran. He was a Southport volunteer Firefighter for more than 60 years and was elected to the Board of Directors in 2007.
Bochniak is survived by his wife, Dorothy; daughters, Debi Bochniak and her companion Richard Havanec of Fairfield and Darice Bochniak (Robert) Appleby of Fairfield; a granddaughter; brother, Joseph Bochniak (Marian) of Norwalk; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Mary Lou (John) Pace.
Calling hours are Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center. Funeral services will be held at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at St. Anthony of Padua Church, Fairfield.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare