SOUTHPORT, Conn. - Melvina Drabaski of Southport died Tuesday, July 22. She was 95.
Drabaski was born in the Greenfield Hill section of Fairfield, to Joseph and Esther Borsi, and was a longtime Southport resident. She was involved with the PTA at the Pequot School.
She was also involved with her husband's business ventures, including the Sasco Nursery. During World War II, she and her husband supported the U.S. effort by working for Remington Rand in the propeller division in Binghamton, N.Y.
Drabaski is survived by her son, Michael Drew of Southport; brother, William Borsi of Fairfield; and four nieces and two nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael Drabaski; and sisters, Jean Sabo and Margaret Nagy.
Calling hours are Sunday, July 27, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road, Fairfield. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, at the funeral home. Interment will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Connecticut Humane Society, 455 Post Road E., Westport, CT 06880.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield