FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Michael Glenn Christie, formerly of Fairfield, died Dec. 10 at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, N.Y., of complications from cancer. He was 45.
Christie was born April 11, 1967, in New York City. He attended Rye Country Day School in Rye and Pelham Memorial High School in Pelham before briefly attending Fairfield University.
He then pursued a career in sales and marketing and was employed in the travel administration department at Greenwich Capital Inc. for several years. Christie’s family said that his quick-witted intelligence and remarkable sense of humor charmed all who knew him.
Christie is survived by his wife, Kristin Neverdousky Christie, of Bridgeport; a daughter, Kayla; his mother, Linda Jones, of Stamford; his father, Dr. Thomas (Janet) Christie, of Fairfield; a sister, Samantha Harvey, of Sherman Oaks, Calif.; and seven other siblings, Colbert Christie, of Queens, N.Y., Logan Christie, of Queens, Eliza Christie, of Fairfield, Cassidy Christie, of Roanoke, Va., Brooks Jones, of White Plains, N.Y., Deborah Karlson, of Boston, and Charles Jones III, of Charlotte, N.C.
A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at Greenfield Hill Congregational Church in Fairfield. Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving