FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Morris Grossman of Fairfield died Dec. 12 at the age of 90 at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport.
He was born in New York City to Isaac and Annie (Turetsky) Grossman. He earned bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from Columbia University.
Grossman was a philosophy professor at Portland State University, Pennsylvania State University and most recently at Fairfield University.
His discussions on prominent philosophers and his own theories have been published in many national philosophy journals. Friends knew him as thoughtful, generous, and witty, with a probing mind, a fascination with all of the arts, and a remarkable talent as a pianist.
He is survived by his sister, Rima Zimmerman of State College, Pa., as well as cousins, nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Sunday in Fairfield at Abraham L. Green and Sons Funeral Home.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare