FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Morris Grossman of Fairfield died Dec. 12 at the age of 90 at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport.
He was born in New York City to Isaac and Annie (Turetsky) Grossman. He earned bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from Columbia University.
Grossman was a philosophy professor at Portland State University, Pennsylvania State University and most recently at Fairfield University.
His discussions on prominent philosophers and his own theories have been published in many national philosophy journals. Friends knew him as thoughtful, generous, and witty, with a probing mind, a fascination with all of the arts, and a remarkable talent as a pianist.
He is survived by his sister, Rima Zimmerman of State College, Pa., as well as cousins, nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Sunday in Fairfield at Abraham L. Green and Sons Funeral Home.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Flags To Fly At Half-Staff In Fairfield Until Noon On Memorial Day