FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Morris Grossman of Fairfield died Dec. 12 at the age of 90 at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport.
He was born in New York City to Isaac and Annie (Turetsky) Grossman. He earned bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from Columbia University.
Grossman was a philosophy professor at Portland State University, Pennsylvania State University and most recently at Fairfield University.
His discussions on prominent philosophers and his own theories have been published in many national philosophy journals. Friends knew him as thoughtful, generous, and witty, with a probing mind, a fascination with all of the arts, and a remarkable talent as a pianist.
He is survived by his sister, Rima Zimmerman of State College, Pa., as well as cousins, nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Sunday in Fairfield at Abraham L. Green and Sons Funeral Home.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station