FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Morris Grossman of Fairfield died Dec. 12 at the age of 90 at St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport.
He was born in New York City to Isaac and Annie (Turetsky) Grossman. He earned bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from Columbia University.
Grossman was a philosophy professor at Portland State University, Pennsylvania State University and most recently at Fairfield University.
His discussions on prominent philosophers and his own theories have been published in many national philosophy journals. Friends knew him as thoughtful, generous, and witty, with a probing mind, a fascination with all of the arts, and a remarkable talent as a pianist.
He is survived by his sister, Rima Zimmerman of State College, Pa., as well as cousins, nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held Sunday in Fairfield at Abraham L. Green and Sons Funeral Home.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 5 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop