FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Nancy Beam of Fairfield died Friday, March 28. She was 77.
Beam was born Dec. 1936, she was the daughter of James Patrick Curnin and Anna Oberg Curnin. She was a teacher specializing in early childhood development. She was the director of the Fairfield YMCA nursery school for over 30 years. She was a member of the Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church. She was a counselor for the Methodist youth groups and also taught Sunday School. She and her husband, Jim started and counseled The Christian Kids, a group of first and second graders.
Beam is survived by her sons, Jeffrey Morgan Beam of Shelton, Gregory James Beam of Fairfield and James E. Beam III of Fairfield; daughters-in-law, Barbara Hazay-Beam and Geraldine Beam; three grandchildren; and 10 cousins. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, James E. Beam II.
A Memorial Service will be held at 5 p.m. Friday, April 4 at the Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church, 1089 Fairfield Woods Road Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Beam's memory may be made to the Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church Sunday School at the above address or the Fairfield YMCA Nursery School, 841 Old Post Road, Fairfield, CT. 06824.
For more information, please visit: http://www.spearmillerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light