FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Olive Patricia “Pat” Barker, formerly of Fairfield died Nov. 1. She was 80.
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, she was the daughter of Albert and Hannah Mitchell. She left Ireland at the age of 21 to live in Canada, where she worked for the Salada Tea Company. She later settled in Fairfield, where she lived for more than 50 years, prior to moving to Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Meyers, Fl.
Barker worked in the bursar's office at Fairfield University for many years. She was an active member of Black Rock Congregational Church for more than 50 years and was a member of the choir.
Barker is survived by two sons, Bruce R. (Cindy) Barker, of Trumbull, and David C. (Patricia) Barker, of Woodstock Valley, Conn.; seven grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by a daughter, Sandra Barker Goudy, of Citrus Heights, Calif.; two sisters and a brother.
Private interment will be held at Oak Lawn Cemetery. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield. A reception will immediately follow the service. Spear-Miller Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Shell Point Retirement Community, Attn: Alzheimer's Unit, 15101 Shell Point Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33908.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield