FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Palma DeRosa died at her home in Fairfield on Dec. 14. She was 85.
She was born in Bridgeport on Nov. 18, 1927, to Antonio and Marietta Bernardi. She graduated from Central High School and the University of Bridgeport.
She worked as a clerk in many law firms, and also made homemade desserts for DeRosa’s Restaurant. After her retirement she volunteered for the American Red Cross and offered rides to cancer patients heading to chemotherapy. She was a great mother and a devoted grandmother. She was a lover of the arts, enjoyed gardening and tennis and was a devoted Catholic.
Palma is survived by three children, David DeRosa of Fairfield, Peter DeRosa and his wife, Linda, of Trumbull and Mary DeRosa and her husband, Russell, of Fairfield; eight grandchildren; a sister-in-law, Elsie Toomey, of Milford, and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, John A. DeRosa, and her sister, Lorraine Angelo.
She was entombed Tuesday at St. Michael’s cemetery in Stratford.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade