FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Palma DeRosa died at her home in Fairfield on Dec. 14. She was 85.
She was born in Bridgeport on Nov. 18, 1927, to Antonio and Marietta Bernardi. She graduated from Central High School and the University of Bridgeport.
She worked as a clerk in many law firms, and also made homemade desserts for DeRosa’s Restaurant. After her retirement she volunteered for the American Red Cross and offered rides to cancer patients heading to chemotherapy. She was a great mother and a devoted grandmother. She was a lover of the arts, enjoyed gardening and tennis and was a devoted Catholic.
Palma is survived by three children, David DeRosa of Fairfield, Peter DeRosa and his wife, Linda, of Trumbull and Mary DeRosa and her husband, Russell, of Fairfield; eight grandchildren; a sister-in-law, Elsie Toomey, of Milford, and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, John A. DeRosa, and her sister, Lorraine Angelo.
She was entombed Tuesday at St. Michael’s cemetery in Stratford.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield