FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Palma DeRosa died at her home in Fairfield on Dec. 14. She was 85.
She was born in Bridgeport on Nov. 18, 1927, to Antonio and Marietta Bernardi. She graduated from Central High School and the University of Bridgeport.
She worked as a clerk in many law firms, and also made homemade desserts for DeRosa’s Restaurant. After her retirement she volunteered for the American Red Cross and offered rides to cancer patients heading to chemotherapy. She was a great mother and a devoted grandmother. She was a lover of the arts, enjoyed gardening and tennis and was a devoted Catholic.
Palma is survived by three children, David DeRosa of Fairfield, Peter DeRosa and his wife, Linda, of Trumbull and Mary DeRosa and her husband, Russell, of Fairfield; eight grandchildren; a sister-in-law, Elsie Toomey, of Milford, and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, John A. DeRosa, and her sister, Lorraine Angelo.
She was entombed Tuesday at St. Michael’s cemetery in Stratford.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued