BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Patricia Weiss Porter of Bridgeport, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, Jan. 17. She was 79.
Porter was born June 19, 1934, in Hazleton, Pa.; daughter of Marvin and Anne Weiss.
Porter is survived by her daughter, Trish (Patricia) (Tom) Sullivan of Fairfield; two grandsons; twin sister, Mary Leah Weiss of New York City; and brother, Jack Weiss (Sally) of Wayland, Mass. She was predeceased by her parents; former husband, Nelson Porter, and by her sister, Joanne Weiss (Dr. John) DeMartin of Fairfield.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 22 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road in Fairfield Center. On Thursday, Funeral services will be held 9:15 a.m. Thursday, Jan 23 at the funeral home and continue with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 a.m. in St. Thomas Aquinas Church, 1719 Post Road, Fairfield. Interment will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to: St. Vincent's Medical Center Foundation, Attn: Department of Cardiology, 2800 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06606.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible