FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Paul John Nelson, a resident of Fairfield for 56 years, died Wednesday, June 4. He was 61.
Nelson was born in White Plains, N.Y. in 1953. He was educated at the Hun School in Princeton, N.J., and at Nathaniel Hawthorne College in New Hampshire. After college, he joined his father in business at Lawnelson Corp., where for over 28 years he helped to build it into the largest importer, principal and processor of dried fruits internationally and a leading dealer in vegetable gums and animal feeds.
After retiring in 2000, he served on Fairfield's Shellfish Commission, engaging in Fairfield's political life and participating in the mission and life of St. Pius X Church, where he was a lifelong parishioner.
Nelson is survived by his son, William Nelson of Vernont; and siblings, Julia Nelson, Susan Nagel, Louise Dysenchuk, Mary Anne Grammar, Arvid Nelson and Lawrence Nelson.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 10, at St. Pius X Church in Fairfield. Interment will be private.
Donations in Nelson’s memory may be made to St Pius X Church, 834 Brookside Drive, Fairfield, CT 06824
For more information, visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders