FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Paul John Nelson, a resident of Fairfield for 56 years, died Wednesday, June 4. He was 61.
Nelson was born in White Plains, N.Y. in 1953. He was educated at the Hun School in Princeton, N.J., and at Nathaniel Hawthorne College in New Hampshire. After college, he joined his father in business at Lawnelson Corp., where for over 28 years he helped to build it into the largest importer, principal and processor of dried fruits internationally and a leading dealer in vegetable gums and animal feeds.
After retiring in 2000, he served on Fairfield's Shellfish Commission, engaging in Fairfield's political life and participating in the mission and life of St. Pius X Church, where he was a lifelong parishioner.
Nelson is survived by his son, William Nelson of Vernont; and siblings, Julia Nelson, Susan Nagel, Louise Dysenchuk, Mary Anne Grammar, Arvid Nelson and Lawrence Nelson.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 10, at St. Pius X Church in Fairfield. Interment will be private.
Donations in Nelson’s memory may be made to St Pius X Church, 834 Brookside Drive, Fairfield, CT 06824
For more information, visit: http://www.shaughnesseybanks.com
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch In Effect For Fairfield County
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Fairfield