FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Philip R. Linley of Fairfield died June 27. He was 88.
Linley was born in Bridgeport Hospital, he lived in Fairfield his entire life. He was a veteran of World War II and had served in the Army Air Force. He was a member of the American Legion Post 143. He was a master machinist and worked at Universal Thread Grinding until his retirement.
Linley is survived by his wife, Dorothy; son, Richard Linley (Deb) of Newtown; two grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his brothers, Leonard of Easton, George of Fairfield, and Francis of Easton.
Calling hours are from 5 to 6 p.m. with the service beginning at 6 p.m. A memorial service in Linley's memory will be held Thursday, July 3 at Larson's Funeral Home, 2496 North Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06604.
In lieu of flowers, donations made by made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield