FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Regina (Reggie) Markoya of Fairfield died Wednesday, May 14. She was 92.
Markoya was the daughter of Helen (Eva) and Vincent Purzycki. She retired from Bead Chain Co. after many years of service. She was a parishioner of Holy Cross Church for over 60 years.
Markoya is survived by her son, Thomas Markoya of Fairfield; daughter, Diane Markoya of Stratford; sister-in-law, Mary Purzycki of Monroe; a niece and three nephews; and great-nieces and great-nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph J. Markoya; and brother, Chester Purzycki.
Calling hours are Monday, May 19, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. in the Redgate - Hennessy Funeral Home, Main Street and Gorham Place, Trumbull. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday, May 19, at 10:30 a.m. at Holy Cross Church. Interment will follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Markoya's memory to Holy Cross Church, 750 Tahmore Drive, Fairfield, CT 06825; Operation Hope, 50 Nichols St., Fairfield, CT 06824 or Swim Across the Sound, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606.
For more information, visit: www.redgatehennessy.com
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving