FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Richard Conroy of Fairfield died Saturday, April 19. He was 88.
Conroy was born in Temple More, County of Tipperary, Ireland to Michael and Mary Conroy.
He retired from the Public Works Department for the Town of Fairfield and was a member of the Fairfield Seniors.
Conroy is survived by his wife, Mary (Harty) Conroy; daughter, Mary Conroy of Dublin, Ireland; son, Roger Conroy of Louisville, Ky.; and three grandsons. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 directly at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Fairfield. Interment will take place in Ireland.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk