FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Richard Conroy of Fairfield died Saturday, April 19. He was 88.
Conroy was born in Temple More, County of Tipperary, Ireland to Michael and Mary Conroy.
He retired from the Public Works Department for the Town of Fairfield and was a member of the Fairfield Seniors.
Conroy is survived by his wife, Mary (Harty) Conroy; daughter, Mary Conroy of Dublin, Ireland; son, Roger Conroy of Louisville, Ky.; and three grandsons. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 directly at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Fairfield. Interment will take place in Ireland.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Open Houses In Fairfield This Weekend
- 5 Southport Students Win National Awards At History Day Contest