FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Richard Conroy of Fairfield died Saturday, April 19. He was 88.
Conroy was born in Temple More, County of Tipperary, Ireland to Michael and Mary Conroy.
He retired from the Public Works Department for the Town of Fairfield and was a member of the Fairfield Seniors.
Conroy is survived by his wife, Mary (Harty) Conroy; daughter, Mary Conroy of Dublin, Ireland; son, Roger Conroy of Louisville, Ky.; and three grandsons. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 directly at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Fairfield. Interment will take place in Ireland.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash