FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Richard Nicholas Zamfino of Fairfield and The Villages, Fa., died Sunday, Jan. 19. He was 76.
Zamfino was born Dec. 4, 1937, in Port Chester, N.Y. son of Frank and Mildred (Penebre) Zamfino. He was a lifelong auto and truck mechanic working for L T Dobey, Loh Ford, the Sunbeam Baking Co. and most recently for the Kaufman Fuel Company in Bridgeport. After his retirement, he moved to Florida.
Zamfino is survived by his daughters, Lisa Zamfino of Fairfield and Lori Coppola (Maurizio) of Milford; four grandchildren; sisters, Catherine (Patrick) Summa of Danbury and Linda (Robert) Peterson of Trumbull; sisters-in-law, Martha Zamfino and Patricia (Peter) Biagioni; brother-in-law, Robert (Rita) Purciello; friend, Cindy Warf of Florida; many nieces, nephews; cousins; and friends. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Lucille; and brothers, Frank and Philip.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Dennis & D'Arcy - Abriola & Kelemen Funeral Home of Stratford, 2611 Main St., Stratford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated Friday, Jan. 24 at 10 a.m. in the Holy Family Catholic Church, Fairfield. Entombment will follow in Mt. Grove Cemetery, Bridgeport.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.dennisanddarcy.com
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued