TRUMBULL, Conn. - Richard W. Dick of Trumbull died Dec. 28. He was 88.
Dick was born in New York, N.Y., and later moved to Trumbull. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. He graduated from the University of Bridgeport with a degree in manufacturing engineering.
He worked for the Bullard Co. in Fairfield before working at and retiring from the Perkin-Elmer Co., Optical Technology Division, in Danbury. He was a member of the Trumbull Congregational Church and served in various capacities over the years.
Dick is survived by his wife, Elizabeth of Trumbull; children, David (Nellie) of Bridgeport, Michael of Oxford and Carol Anderson (Douglas) of Newtown; sister, Eleanor Heym of Ramsey, N.J.; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 2, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Cyril F. Mullins Funeral Home, 399 White Plains Road. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at the Trumbull Congregational Church 3115 Reservoir Ave. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Trumbull Congregational Church.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield