TRUMBULL, Conn. - Richard W. Dick of Trumbull died Dec. 28. He was 88.
Dick was born in New York, N.Y., and later moved to Trumbull. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. He graduated from the University of Bridgeport with a degree in manufacturing engineering.
He worked for the Bullard Co. in Fairfield before working at and retiring from the Perkin-Elmer Co., Optical Technology Division, in Danbury. He was a member of the Trumbull Congregational Church and served in various capacities over the years.
Dick is survived by his wife, Elizabeth of Trumbull; children, David (Nellie) of Bridgeport, Michael of Oxford and Carol Anderson (Douglas) of Newtown; sister, Eleanor Heym of Ramsey, N.J.; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 2, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Cyril F. Mullins Funeral Home, 399 White Plains Road. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at the Trumbull Congregational Church 3115 Reservoir Ave. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Trumbull Congregational Church.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7