TRUMBULL, Conn. - Rita M Murphy of Trumbull died Wednesday, June 18. She was 99.
Murphy was born and resided in Bridgeport until moving to Spring Meadows in Trumbull several years ago. She received a bachelor's degree from the University of Bridgeport and a master's and sixth-year degrees in education from Fairfield University. She was a kindergarten teacher for the Fairfield school system for many years until her retirement. She was a longtime volunteer for St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Murphy is survived by her cousins, Marion Tierney and Janet Murphy, both of Trumbull, and Jack Murphy of Fairfield; and nieces and a nephew, all of Trumbull. She was predeceased by her aunt, Mae Murphy.
There will be no calling hours. Funeral services will be held Saturday, June 21, at 10 a.m. at St. Stephen's Church, 6948 Main St., Trumbull. Interment will be in St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vitas Hospice Care, Stratford.
For more information, visit: www.mullinsfh.com/
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation