TRUMBULL, Conn. - Rita M Murphy of Trumbull died Wednesday, June 18. She was 99.
Murphy was born and resided in Bridgeport until moving to Spring Meadows in Trumbull several years ago. She received a bachelor's degree from the University of Bridgeport and a master's and sixth-year degrees in education from Fairfield University. She was a kindergarten teacher for the Fairfield school system for many years until her retirement. She was a longtime volunteer for St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Murphy is survived by her cousins, Marion Tierney and Janet Murphy, both of Trumbull, and Jack Murphy of Fairfield; and nieces and a nephew, all of Trumbull. She was predeceased by her aunt, Mae Murphy.
There will be no calling hours. Funeral services will be held Saturday, June 21, at 10 a.m. at St. Stephen's Church, 6948 Main St., Trumbull. Interment will be in St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vitas Hospice Care, Stratford.
For more information, visit: www.mullinsfh.com/
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind