FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Robert E. Crossman Sr. of Fairfield died Sept. 22 in Bridgeport Hospital. He was 80.
Born in Fairfield, Crossman was a lifelong resident. He graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School and was a retired supervisor for the scraping department at Bridgeport Machines. In retirement, Crossman enjoyed working in his wood shop, building birdhouses and Adirondack chairs. He was a member of Salem Lutheran Church.
Crossman is survived by his wife, Joan Smith Crossman; a son, Robert E. (Deborah) Crossman Jr., of Shelton; two daughters, Debora (Kenneth) Smith, of Ansonia, Conn., and Gail Dickinson, of New Hampshire; four grandchildren and two great-grandsons. He was predeceased by a brother, William "Bud" Crossman and a sister, Elizabeth Hartman.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Larson Funeral Home in Bridgeport, with the Rev. Marjo Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Oak Lawn Cemetery in Fairfield. Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Memorial donations may be made to Salem Lutheran Church Music Fund, 3160 Park Ave., Bridgeport CT 06604, or Bridgeport Hospital Foundation, 267 Grant St., Bridgeport CT 06610.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries