FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Robert H. Rasmussen, a former Fairfield police officer, died Dec. 10 at Gladeview Health Care Center in Old Saybrook. He was 85.
He was born Dec. 4, 1927, in Bridgeport to Robert H. and Charlotte Rasmussen. An Army veteran, Rasmussen served three years in Germany with the constabulary forces. He was a member of the Fairfield Police Department for three years.
Rasmussen then joined the Connecticut State Police Department and retired after 22 years as a lieutenant in the detective division. He graduated from the University of New Haven.
He is survived by a brother, Raymond F. (Joan) Rasmussen; and two nephews and their families.
Funeral services are private. Spear-Miller Funeral Home in Fairfield is handling arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, 126 Monroe Turnpike, Trumbull, CT 06611.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield