FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Robert T. Firgelewski, a lifelong resident of Fairfield, died Monday, Jan. 20. He was 65.
Firgelewski was born in Norwalk, son of Theodore and Katherine Firgelewski. He was a graduate of Notre Dame High School and attended the University of Arizona, Norwalk Technical College and the University of New Haven. He served in the U.S. Army during Vietnam, and also briefly served in the National Guard.
He was employed for many years in the building maintenance department for the Town of Fairfield, retiring in 2013.
Firgelewski is survived by his children, Charlotte A. Firgelewski and Jonathan R. Firgelewski of Fairfield; two granddaughters; sister, Alice Kurensky of Naugatuck; and a niece and nephew. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Janis E. Firgelewski.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 24, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A service will be held Saturday, Jan. 25, at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary at First Church Congregational, Fairfield. Military honors will be rendered after the service. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the family to cover expenses would be greatly appreciated.
For more information, please visit: http://www.SpearMillerFuneralHome.com
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Fairfield
- 3 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping
- 4 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 5 Fairfield Native Takes Star Turn In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'