FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Ronald Edward Papini of Fairfield died July 17. He was 76.
Papini was born Jan. 2, 1938, in Bridgeport, and was the son of Phyllis Papini and Raymond Papini. He was raised in upstate New York. He settled back in Fairfield at the age of 21. He was president of the painting and general contracting firm R.E. Papini Co. Inc., which he started in 1959. For over 40 years, he worked on commercial, institutional and residential projects throughout Connecticut. He was a member of the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America, Bridgeport Chapter where he held various offices, including president.
Papini is survived by his wife, Carol Ann Papini; children, Marc Papini and Meghan Kelly of New York City, Brian Papini (Melissa) and Jessica Lopez (Richard) of Fairfield; two grandchildren; and sisters, Judith Pavone of Shelton and Nancy Giannini of Waterbury. He was predeceased by his parents.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at St. Thomas Church in Fairfield.
Arrangements are in the care of Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 2 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Fairfield
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind