FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Ronald R. Riccio, Sr., longtime Fairfield resident, died Saturday, April 5. He was He was 76.
Riccio was born Dec. 26, 1937, in Meriden, to John and Minnie Riccio of Wallingford. He graduated from the University of Connecticutin 1961 and received his MBA from Loyola University Chicago in 1969. He served in the U.S. Air Force serving as logistics officer at KI Sawyer AFB, Mich., during the Vietnam War. After completion of service he transferred to Chicago, Ill., Providence, R.I., and Manhattan, N.Y., where he worked in sales for UARCO, Inc. He was owner and president of Dataforms, Inc. prior to his retirement in 2000.
Riccio is survived by his wife, Patti; children, Ronald Riccio, Jr. (Christina) of Glendale, Ariz., Tracey Ranta (Ned) of Denver, Colo., Katie Puris (Jason) of Brooklyn, N.Y., and John Riccio of Los Angeles, Calif.; and five grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10 from 5 to 8 p.m.in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road in Fairfield Center. Memorial services will be held Friday, April 11 at 11 a.m. directly at The Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, 1045 Old Academy Road, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, donations towards research in honor of Ronald Riccio may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter 360 Lexington Ave., Floor 4, New York, NY 1007 http://www.alznyc.org/honor
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps