FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Rose Beliford of Fairfield died Wednesday, Jan. 29. She was 83.
Beliford was born in Davidsonville, Md., to Clarence and Ellen Brown Johnson. She was a resident of Fairfield for the past two years and before that was a resident of Bridgeport for 75 years. She was a retired day-care teacher from Hall Neighborhood House with more than 20 years of service. She was a member of Mercy Tabernacle.
Beliford is survived by his sons, Alton "Troy" Beliford of Bridgeport and Larry Elliott of Maryland; daughter, Romane Spain of Bridgeport; brothers, Thomas and Leroy Johnson; sister, Edith Simms, all of Maryland; 11 grandchildren; surrogate daughter, Eugenia Titus; and many relatives and friends.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 6, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Morton's Mortuary Inc., 25 Margaret E. Morton Lane, Bridgeport. Services will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, at the funeral home with Pastor Deborah Vereen, officiating. Interment will be private.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm