FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Ruby G. Holt of Fairfield died Thursday, Feb. 13. She was 98.
Holt was born in Plainville, the daughter of Emil and Elsie Goranson, and had been a Fairfield resident since 1950. She was a member of the first graduating class at Central Connecticut State College. She worked as a schoolteacher.
She was a member of the Quilters Club at the Fairfield Senior Center. Holt was a member of her church for most of her life, serving in many capacities.
Holt is survived by her daughters, Cynthia H. Damer (David) of Guilford and Sharon H. Cloutier of Trumbull; four grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; brother, Donald Goranson (Ruth) of Cromwell; and sister, Phyllis Nelson of Cromwell. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Walter B. Holt; and brother, Evan Goranson.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 17, from 3 to 7 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, 160 Hill Farm Road, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Holt's memory may be made to the Pipe Organ Fund at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, 160 Hill Farm Road, Fairfield, CT 06824.
For more information, please visit: www.SpearMillerFuneralHome.com
- 1 Fairfield Tree Calls It Quits, Damages House And Car
- 2 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Fireworks Bust, Discovery Of Body In Car Top The News In Fairfield