FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sandra Lee Conklin, a former Fairfield resident, died Aug. 8 in Shelton, Conn. She was 69.
Conklin was born May 9, 1943, in West Hartford, Conn., to Harold W. and Patricia Lattanzi Grindrod. A longtime resident of Fairfield and Black Rock, she was most recently of Shelton.
In her earlier years, Conklin was the owner of Green Farms Cleaners in Westport. She was an animal lover and a crafter with a touch for creating floral arrangements.
Her husband, John "Jack" Conklin, predeceased her.
Conklin is survived by a sister, Deborah (Robert) Ryan, of Bridgeport; two nephews and seven nieces. A brother, Dennis A. Grindrod Sr.; and a sister, Sharyn Ryan, predeceased her.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford. Riverview Funeral Home in Shelton is handling arrangements.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 At Least 40 Residents Displaced After Fire Destroys Four Bridgeport Houses