FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sandra Lee Conklin, a former Fairfield resident, died Aug. 8 in Shelton, Conn. She was 69.
Conklin was born May 9, 1943, in West Hartford, Conn., to Harold W. and Patricia Lattanzi Grindrod. A longtime resident of Fairfield and Black Rock, she was most recently of Shelton.
In her earlier years, Conklin was the owner of Green Farms Cleaners in Westport. She was an animal lover and a crafter with a touch for creating floral arrangements.
Her husband, John "Jack" Conklin, predeceased her.
Conklin is survived by a sister, Deborah (Robert) Ryan, of Bridgeport; two nephews and seven nieces. A brother, Dennis A. Grindrod Sr.; and a sister, Sharyn Ryan, predeceased her.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford. Riverview Funeral Home in Shelton is handling arrangements.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders