FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sandra Lee Conklin, a former Fairfield resident, died Aug. 8 in Shelton, Conn. She was 69.
Conklin was born May 9, 1943, in West Hartford, Conn., to Harold W. and Patricia Lattanzi Grindrod. A longtime resident of Fairfield and Black Rock, she was most recently of Shelton.
In her earlier years, Conklin was the owner of Green Farms Cleaners in Westport. She was an animal lover and a crafter with a touch for creating floral arrangements.
Her husband, John "Jack" Conklin, predeceased her.
Conklin is survived by a sister, Deborah (Robert) Ryan, of Bridgeport; two nephews and seven nieces. A brother, Dennis A. Grindrod Sr.; and a sister, Sharyn Ryan, predeceased her.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford. Riverview Funeral Home in Shelton is handling arrangements.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield