FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sandra Lee Conklin, a former Fairfield resident, died Aug. 8 in Shelton, Conn. She was 69.
Conklin was born May 9, 1943, in West Hartford, Conn., to Harold W. and Patricia Lattanzi Grindrod. A longtime resident of Fairfield and Black Rock, she was most recently of Shelton.
In her earlier years, Conklin was the owner of Green Farms Cleaners in Westport. She was an animal lover and a crafter with a touch for creating floral arrangements.
Her husband, John "Jack" Conklin, predeceased her.
Conklin is survived by a sister, Deborah (Robert) Ryan, of Bridgeport; two nephews and seven nieces. A brother, Dennis A. Grindrod Sr.; and a sister, Sharyn Ryan, predeceased her.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford. Riverview Funeral Home in Shelton is handling arrangements.
- 1 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 3 Driver Critically Injured In Collision With Tractor-Trailer In Fairfield
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield