SOUTHPORT, Conn. - Sandra Horn Elstein, of Milford and Southport, died Wednesday, July 16. She was 78.
Elstein was born in Bridgeport, and was the daughter of Ruth Carlson Horn and Dr. Morris Horn. She was a graduate of Harding H.S. in Bridgeport and received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Connecticut College in 1957. She majored in Fine Arts. She was a volunteer for over 25 years at the Morgan Library in New York City. In Fairfield, she was a longtime member and former director of the Fairfield Historical Society. She also served as reunion chairperson and class president for the class of 1957 for many years and most notably for her 50th class reunion.
Elstein is survived by her husband, Henry Elstein; son, Bruce (Carol Porrata) Elstein of Trumbull; daughters, Debbie Elstein Lemen of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., and Kim Elstein of Greenwich and her fiancé, Tommy Atkinson; two grandchildren; and sister-in-law, Abby Schine. She was predeceased by her parents; and son-in-law, Don Lemen.
Services will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, July 20 at the Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home, 88 Beach Road, Fairfield. Burial will be at B'nai Israel Cemetery, Fairfield.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7