BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Sherman B. Greenwald of Bridgeport, formerly of Fairfield, died Tuesday, June 10. He was 87.
Greenwald was born in Bridgeport, the son of Jacob and Gertrude Greenwald. He served in the Merchant Marines and was the proprietor of Greenwald's Clothiers of Fairfield. He was a member of Congregation B'nai Israel of Bridgeport and a former member of The Birchwood Country Club.
Greenwald is survived by his sister, Irma Postyn (Bernard); niece and nephew; great niece and nephew; and Shirley Jacob Lantz. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marcia Marcuse Greenwald; son, Jack Greenwald; and sister, Annette Ansell.
Funeral services will take place Thursday, June 12, at 1 p.m. from Congregation B'nai Israel 2710 Park Ave., Bridgeport, with interment following at B'nai Israel Cemetery on Kings Highway in Fairfield.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield