BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Sherman B. Greenwald of Bridgeport, formerly of Fairfield, died Tuesday, June 10. He was 87.
Greenwald was born in Bridgeport, the son of Jacob and Gertrude Greenwald. He served in the Merchant Marines and was the proprietor of Greenwald's Clothiers of Fairfield. He was a member of Congregation B'nai Israel of Bridgeport and a former member of The Birchwood Country Club.
Greenwald is survived by his sister, Irma Postyn (Bernard); niece and nephew; great niece and nephew; and Shirley Jacob Lantz. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marcia Marcuse Greenwald; son, Jack Greenwald; and sister, Annette Ansell.
Funeral services will take place Thursday, June 12, at 1 p.m. from Congregation B'nai Israel 2710 Park Ave., Bridgeport, with interment following at B'nai Israel Cemetery on Kings Highway in Fairfield.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 4 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend