BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Sherman B. Greenwald of Bridgeport, formerly of Fairfield, died Tuesday, June 10. He was 87.
Greenwald was born in Bridgeport, the son of Jacob and Gertrude Greenwald. He served in the Merchant Marines and was the proprietor of Greenwald's Clothiers of Fairfield. He was a member of Congregation B'nai Israel of Bridgeport and a former member of The Birchwood Country Club.
Greenwald is survived by his sister, Irma Postyn (Bernard); niece and nephew; great niece and nephew; and Shirley Jacob Lantz. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marcia Marcuse Greenwald; son, Jack Greenwald; and sister, Annette Ansell.
Funeral services will take place Thursday, June 12, at 1 p.m. from Congregation B'nai Israel 2710 Park Ave., Bridgeport, with interment following at B'nai Israel Cemetery on Kings Highway in Fairfield.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield