FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Shirley F. Skoog of Fairfield died Wednesday, July 30. She was 94.
Skoog was born in Bridgeport, and was the daughter of Edward and Emily Zehnder. She had been a Fairfield resident for most of her life. A member for many years of First Church Congregational, she volunteered for 18 years at The Store.
Skoog is survived by her children, Robert L. Skoog (Margaret) of Trumbull and Nancy Faitsch (Bruce) of Guilford; sister, Barbara Sell of Wisconsin; and six grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and four nieces. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Harry L. Skoog.
A memorial service will be held Friday, Aug. 8, at noon in the Community Room at Parish Court in Fairfield with the Rev. David Spollett officiating. Interment will be private in Mountain Grove Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Macular Degeneration Foundation, PO Box 515, Northampton, MA 01061-0515.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station