FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Shirley F. Skoog of Fairfield died Wednesday, July 30. She was 94.
Skoog was born in Bridgeport, and was the daughter of Edward and Emily Zehnder. She had been a Fairfield resident for most of her life. A member for many years of First Church Congregational, she volunteered for 18 years at The Store.
Skoog is survived by her children, Robert L. Skoog (Margaret) of Trumbull and Nancy Faitsch (Bruce) of Guilford; sister, Barbara Sell of Wisconsin; and six grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and four nieces. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Harry L. Skoog.
A memorial service will be held Friday, Aug. 8, at noon in the Community Room at Parish Court in Fairfield with the Rev. David Spollett officiating. Interment will be private in Mountain Grove Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Macular Degeneration Foundation, PO Box 515, Northampton, MA 01061-0515.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community